The Peace Manifesto
Updated: Nov 19
A Re-Vision of the Way of Peace
To all Visionaries and Manifesters of change: an invitation for a Re-Vision of Human Rights.
Photo by Nitish Meena · Unsplash
This is an invitation for our many independent voices to come together in the belief that peace is our only way forward.
Peace means no war, no fighting and no violence. It means no weapons of destruction and war-games. We acknowledge this will be the hardest leap forward for some on this this planet to make.
Everything that’s good comes with peace based on love, just as violence and violation of human rights is based on hatred and ignorance.
A Re-Vision of the Way of Peace
We are the voices of change, and each voice will be heard, following these principles (yet always a work in progress):
- We come together using the ancient principles of the sacred circle, each to be heard with respect, guided and inspired by the wisdom of community elders and youth.
- The right to be heard and included is the right of each and every human
- We are all connected. Our spiritual paths and religions have been the cause of many wars, and yet should be the cause of peace. We call for no more fighting. No more war. We call for all paths of spirituality that are paths of peace to come together in all their diverse glory and work together. There have been times on this planet where there have been many hundreds of years of peace — together we can remember, re-imagine and re-vision how this can be lived now.
- The original peoples of all countries are waiting to teach the world in the ways of oneness and peaceful governance, and lead this movement into peace.
- Love, compassion forgiveness and kindness are the way forward from here.
- All humans have the right to share in the abundance of this world, and for progress on our paths, as individuals and as communities.
- When it comes to our world, we all have the right to freedom, and the right to travel where we wish, to explore, for our feet to walk on all lands. The way and how to do this needs to be re-visioned.
- Wherever we are in the world, we don’t have to leave or stay due to the wishes of another. Can the earth be bought and sold? This needs to be re-visioned also.
- Discrimination or prejudice create incredible suffering none should have to endure — the same human rights and laws should belong to all.
- The truest measure of a healthy world is seen in the upliftment of the rights of women, migrants, children and elders, and LGBTQI people, with the absolute end of all slavery as a given.
- Human rights belong to all humans. No exceptions.
- And particularly in these times, those dispossessed of home and homeland need tender loving care now, for a happier and more peaceful future world.
- The travellers, dispossessed, and homeless bring a wealth of cultural traditions, experience and intellectual knowledge wherever they arrive, to be supported, respected and acknowledged. Almost all peoples have been touched by the need to migrate in either war or peace times.
- In the name of human rights, the call is out for the boundaries of all lands to be re-visioned.
- We will find an answer to earth as a sacred place for all humans to enjoy without needless environmental destruction. The absolute protection of all sacred sites will be acknowledged, and their incredible significance for all time.
There are no boundaries on the respect each human deserves. There is an urgency now in this call across the world, this vision of peace. Let us re-vision being a ‘warrior’ and always be warriors only for peace.
Let us re-vision ‘fighting’ for peace. Let’s stop the fight and begin the peace. Now is a good time.
Many Voices One Truth
“I simply can’t build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery and death… I think…. peace and tranquillity will return again”
— Ann Frank
“This is what my soul is telling me — be peaceful and love everyone”
“It is no longer good enough to cry peace, we must act peace, live peace, and live in peace”
— Native American proverb, Shenandoah
“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
— Gautama Buddha
“There is no path to peace. Peace is the Path.”
— Mahatma Gandhi
“A mind that has understood the nature of pleasure and fear is no longer violent and can therefore live at peace within itself and with the world”
— Jiddu Krishnamurti
“The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.”
— Dalai Lama
“Peace as a goal is an ideal which will not be contested by any government or nation, not even the most belligerent”
— Aung San Suu Kyi
“Peace is the first proof of God’s presence”
— Paramahansa Yogananda
“Turn from evil and do good: seek peace and pursue it”
— The Holy Bible, Psalm 34:14
“When you feel a peaceful joy, that’s when you are near the truth”
“I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.”
— Martin Luther King
“The very first thing I learnt from the Qur’an was the message of unity and peace.”
— Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens
“Without peace, there cannot be prosperity for anybody, rich or poor. And yet there can be no peace without erasing the harshness of the growing contrast between the rich and poor.”
— Indira Gandhi
“Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breed peace.”
“If we have no peace, it’s because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ”
— Mother Teresa
With thanks to inspirational concepts from The International Migrant Manifesto. And great gratitude and many thanks for asking me for my Wisdom Vision from Maddumade Sudath Perera after my return from a VisionQuest. I’d started this Peace Manifesto some time ago, and here it is.
So thankyou to Maddumade. Always thankyou.
Copyright 2017/2020 © Julie Von Nonveiller Cairnes. All rights reserved.
Published in MEDIUM on Apr 27, 2019 and on my prior website and Facebook 2017 and earlier. https://medium.com/poems-mystical-musings/the-peace-manifesto-e3d329301c9a